Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 41 Wed 16 Oct - Stuck in the snow in Akanko Shrine Camp

Today dist : 0 km        Total : 2058.3 km
Today Temp : 2 - 7C    Midnight rain and snow storm
Today spend : 2026 yen      Total : 40756 yen

I survived the snow storm today. Never in my life had seen such a bad weather,the snow make worst by the strong roaring wind and the chilling cold of 2c,shivering in my tent with only a roof top but exposed on all 4 corners.Fortunately i didn't attempt to ride, just can't imagine if i were on the road with such bad weather.I can only stay in the tent all day, the only time i went out  walk is to buy some foods at the Selcomart which is about 200 m away, walking with my feet covered with plastic bags and wrapped myself up like dumpling.I couldn't really rest well under such extreme condition and i had to constantly on my toes to check on rain water coming into my tent. What a miserable day indeed.Hopefully tomorrow will be a sunny day to get the hell out of here.
Firing up the stove to keep my feet warmed

The morning after the snow storm

The morning after the snow storm

The morning after the snow storm


No comments:

Post a Comment