Sunday, September 1, 2013

Another up and Coming Bike Tour to Korea and Japan

I will be on another Bike tour this coming 6th Sept 2013 to Korea with a group of fellow cyclists for about 2 weeks or so cycling from Seoul to Busan on the popular Hans River bike path for a total distance of 580 km. I am not doing the planning for the Korea part,so I will stick to whatever plans and routes of my friend, who is doing the planning. And I must admit that they are doing a good job to secure some sponsorship from the Korea Tourism Organisation and the Hans River Cycling Club that include the arrangement of van to fetch us from the Incheon Airport to the Hostel, and a city tour of Seoul the next day.What can I say, Awesome!!! From Busan, I had booked a AirasiaX flight to Tokyo on 23th Sept and then another Airasia Japan flight the next day to Hokkaido on my own while my friends will be flying home from Busan. So it will be Autumn leafs in Hokkaido, it will be great to see the forests and parks with multicolored scenery. Most probably spend 2-3 weeks around Hokkaido before I take a ferry crossing south to the mainland Honshu. Before my return flight home which is still wide open, most probably in Tokyo, I would very much like to visit the famous Mt Fuji. So this is a rough plan and I know and you know too, will change!! After all, this is a touring - there are bound to be surprises here and there, and I guess that makes the tour interesting,don't you agree?

5 comments:

  1. Hello Brother Meng..

    Maybe you didnt remember me,
    i got ride with you during the early of this year,
    around february at bukit hantu..
    heard that you are touring in japan,hokkaido end of this month..
    i am studying there, maybe we can meet up in hokkaido..
    anything you need for infomation in hokkaido, you wanna ask, i will help as much as i can..

    Keep the update flow,
    i will always "keep an eye" on this blog..heehee :D..

    See ya!

    Jensen
    p/s:My facebook name is ZhenSheng:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Jensen, I will b on my own in Hokkaido starting 24th Sept. Which part of Hokkaido u live? My Airasia Japan flight JW 8521will touch down in CTS Airport at 9 am on 24th Sept. I need to get a data broadband for my laptop blogging. Can u help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Meng

    i am staying at a place named Muroran, 室蘭..
    24 sept, okay noted.. that time i am still in summer holiday until 1 of october..
    before the data broadband.. can i know Brother Meng
    Are you planning to camp the whole 2-3 weeks or?..
    because for sure camping there will be no wifi service,
    but in hostel/ guest house/rider house there will be free wifi to use..
    and for the data broadband i already help you ask friend how to get it and those procedure..
    (because i dont have experience about it)..
    will update you when i get it..
    in hokkaido is quite safe for touring,because there will be lots of touring ironman from all over the whole..
    in hokkaido, english is like totally hard to communicate,except for 2/3 big city in hokkaido..
    hmph.. still got what you wanna know, dont hesitate to ask..
    i got went for touring around hokkaido (some part) before, so maybe i can help out alittle bit.. :D

    Jensen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i try to find u in fb by typing "ZhenSheng" but find no matching.I will be camping mostly so i badly need a good coverage data plan for the whole of Japan

      Delete
    2. i already send you friend request and a message to your facebook account.. :D

      Delete